I’ve decided I need to focus on not trying to be perfect for everyone or even my own expectations. One thing that helps me a lot when changing a mindset or rooted behaviour is coming up with affirmations. Short, positive sentences that sum up and help me to focus on something different than whatever my initial urge will be.
Here’s what I’ve come up with on a long walk recently:
- Other people’s expectations go right through me.
- I am enough at every moment of this life.
- I can change and adapt my own expectations whenever necessary.
- Working to be better is being better.
- Only I have the power to validate myself.
Maybe you have your own little affirmations to add? It’s always inspiring to see what other people come up with.